Tuesday, July 1, 2014

I'm a WIFE!

I've been married for almost four years (married 8/8/10) and literally, just THIS MORNING, I actually felt like a WIFE for the first time - in a GOOD way. I now feel like part of a unit instead of an independent. Connected and not apart. That sounds weird, but it's a big deal to me...

I have always been a fiercely independent, individual woman. When Jason and Jada moved in, the transition was probably as easy as it was only because they were ALWAYS around for years before we married; but, there was still a veil of separation that I'd held on to for whatever reason. Somehow, I fell more easily into feeling like Jada's mother than I did feeling like Jason's WIFE. I guess that makes more sense because I was a mother for 16 years before I got married; I'd never been a wife!

It was the strangest thing. Jason and I left the house together for work - which rarely happens. I was making my way to the driver's side of the car as Jason was going toward the passenger side...then BAM! It hit me. I'm this man's (pretty darn good) wife! I am married and connected to this man! We are ONE!

There's a difference between a couple being codependent and a couple being united. Jas and I are indisputably the latter. We still have separate interests and do a lot of things on our own time, but, when it comes to the important stuff, we are one person, of one mind, and one spirit, and I love, love, LOVE that!!!

Until next time,

XOXOXO - Jessika

No comments:

Post a Comment