Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Liebster Award Response


I recently received a Liebster Award from my sister, Rose @ Immutable Ramblings, but since I don't know ANY up and coming bloggers, with the exception of my sister, I am unable to dole out any awards in response. I'm going to share the rules and do my part, just in case anyone who reads this falls into the below categories and volunteers to have me nominate them for the award:):

The Rules:
* The nominees must link back to the blogger who awarded them
* If you are nominated, write "11 Random Facts" about yourself
and answer the 11 questions the awarder wrote for you.
* Make up 11 new questions to be answered and nominate 11 other bloggers.

11 Random Facts About Myself:

 1. I'm an introvert. Read about it: http://www.carlkingdom.com/10-myths-about-introverts

2. I'm addicted to nail polish.

3. In the last five days, I've eaten at the exact same restaurant four times and had the same appetizer each time! LOL! (East Moon Asian Bistro/Crab Rangoon).

4. I feel the need to kiss and/or hug and/or say, "I love you," to my kids several times a day, every day.

5. My current phone wallpaper is a four-picture collage of silly faces my husband is making, and every time I look at it, I can't help but smile and nearly tear-up with how silly he is and how happy he makes me.

6. I nearly cringe every time I hear someone make the word, "ask," sound like, "ax."

7. I have trouble remembering how to spell a big word unless I've actually seen it/read it before, and usually, the only way I'll remember it when asked is if I can first conjure up the image of that word in my head where I last saw it.

8. I love handbags; I don't want to say I'm addicted to them because while I know I used to be, I don't think I am anymore. Anywayz, while cleaning out my closet two weekends ago, I realized I had way more bags than I wanted or needed, so I packed up around two dozen almost-never-worn-handbags from my personal collection and gave them to the ladies at my church for free. 

9. As a teenager, my favorite after school snack used to be saltine crackers with grape jelly and a huge cup of milk. While pregnant with my my first son, my favorite dessert was Vanilla Swiss Almond Ice Cream. While pregnant with my second son, my favorite after work snack was a tuna fish sandwich and a big cup of milk. After I gave birth to my second son, I somehow became lactose intolerant!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. I didn't know that I had naturally curly hair until I was 12 years old. My mom always used to blow dry it for me. When I got older, I used to dry my own hair straight by sitting in front of a fan. While getting ready for my first dance at school, I wanted to look and feel different, so I put some gel in it while it was wet and scrunched it - and it stayed! LOL!

11. I LOVED homework as a child. In high school, I used to go straight to the library after school to sit in a quiet corner and do my assignments. When I finished, I always took a deep breath, smiled really wide, and felt extremely smart and good about myself. 

11 Questions Asked of me by Rose/Immutable Ramblings:

 If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and who would you take? I would LOVE to go to Italy with my husband, Jason. He's the ultimate traveling companion and always makes me feel safe in unfamiliar places.

If you could have one super hero type ability, which would you choose and why? I think I'd like to teleport. I almost said fly, but I would much prefer to be able to blink my eyes like I Dream of Jeannie and just be where I want to be, or disappear from where I currently am, just like that! LOL!

Do you have any hidden talents? What are they? Well, of COURSE I do! But I can't tell you what they are cuz they'z all hidden! LOL!

What is your most favorite feature about yourself and why? Currently it's my HAIR!!! I just dyed it my DREAM color (shout out to Antwanyce Richardson - aka RichAnt, an AMAZING artist and hair coloring magician! http://therichant.com/,  http://www.facebook.com/#!/HairByRichAnt?fref=ts for making it possible) and it's the thing I can't stop smiling about every time I look in the mirror!

If you could meet any famous person, author, president, actor, artist or musician, who would it be and why? What would you want to know? What would you say? There is no one on this planet that I admire enough to actually want to meet in person or ask any questions. I've never been the "star struck" type. However, I DO have a big 'ol bag of questions for Jesus:).

What is your ideal date? An amazing dinner, a comedy show or play to follow, and standing outside of my husbands car kissing the heck out of him before we get in and drive toward home. 

What are you favorite colors? Green and Purple. :)

What is your all time favorite movie? Hmm...this one's hard to answer. There are so many movies that I love that are stupid but that I enjoy watching over and over and over again. A lot of them have Adam Sandler or Reese Witherspoon or Julia Roberts in them. One movie I HAVE to watch at least once or twice a year is Home Alone 2: Lost in New York. Silly, I know...

What do you hope to accomplish in 2013? I'd like to at least START on my book and eat and live healthier.

Do you have any goals for your blog? I'd say to increase readership but I haven't worked too hard to make that happen:(. My hope is that something I write will somehow reach someone out there who NEEDS it, and that it will affect them in a positive way. I also aspire to progress and improve as a writer and a person as I continue to share my thoughts and perspectives.

Of all of the polishes in your collection, which one is your favorite and who is it by? Ooh, see, this is not the right question to ask of me now! My FAVORITE Julep colors are tied between Donna and Popova, but neither they nor any other polish in my massive collection are getting ANY love these days - except for the entire currently-only-six-color PixieDust collection by Zoya. I'm OBSESSED with it! I don't care which color it is, I LOVE THEM ALL! I wish I could magically make any one of my nail polishes have a finish like PixieDust has! The finish is sparkly yet matte and sugary-looking. When I showed Jason, he instantly played like he was eating my fingers! LOL! I'm in LOVE! And now Zoya's talking about bringing out more colors! Aggghh!!! I want to fast-forward to the day I have more colors in my possession!!!! LOL!

I'm not going to bother coming up with the questions until I've actually found some people to nominate...I hope that's okay!

Thanks, Rose!

Until next time,

XOXOXO - Jessika

No comments:

Post a Comment