Monday, March 4, 2013

Husbandless Weekend :(

My edible husband is headed to Atlanta, GA and then to Birmingham, AL to paint at the Congressional Pilgrimage to Selma. He'll be gone until Monday afternoon. Please keep him in prayer! This is only one of prayerfully-many-more-to-come-opportunities for him to be a blessing through his art, and I'm so very proud of him! I know that it's going to be a super-duper blessed experience!!!

This will be our longest separation since August of 2007, which was when he went to Lagos, Nigeria with his family for a church mission. We weren't married (and therefore, not living together) then, so the separation wasn't AS terrible as this one might be for me.

I don't mind being away from him for a time because it gives us the ability to miss each other. Also, I rather enjoy spending time alone. The hardest part for me, I think, will be at night. I sleep so much better, so much more peacefully, with him next to me...

Another thing that will be difficult for ME is dealing with the kids. See, he's the "fun" parent. He's adventurous and gets us to go out and do things - to be honest, just being AROUND him, even if it's just to watch TV, is fun because he's so funny and engaging. You know how normal people just space out while watching TV, even with others in the room with them, even during commercials? My husband's not like that. He'll talk to the TV, make jokes about what's happening or see a weird-looking character on the screen and say, "Look at your mommy, Ha!" or "Look at Noah's wife! Ha!" (Noah's my 14 year old son.) With him gone, the kids are going to be ridiculously bored out of their minds unless I think of something interesting for them to do. And that's hard for me because I could be holed up in my room all day playing with my nail polishes or makeup, watching romantic comedies starring British actors all day long and be happy as can be...

I know, it sounds terribly selfish....

I was thinking about going to my bro's house to visit, but he and his wife won't be there. My mom's babysitting his kids for him and it feels weird to go visit someone's house without the owners of said house being present. It feels like a violation or something...so I don't know....

Until next time,

XOXOXO - Jessika

(This post was published late for safety reasons. Didn't want people knowing the man of the house was gone for the weekend.)



No comments:

Post a Comment