Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Husbandless Weekend Part 2

The weekend ended up being a lot more fun and interesting than I expected. On Friday night, everyone else was in bed when I got home from work, which was good for me because all I wanted to do was eat and go to sleep.

On Saturday morning, my sister came over and we went to the Ulta grand opening in my area. I dropped my Jada and Noah off with one of their friends at the nearby movie theatre, at which time a second friend showed up. They couldn't decide on a movie, so after my sister and I left Ulta with a couple bags full of goodies, I took them to Annapolis Mall.

My sister and I ate at Fuddruckers and talked for like two hours. It's amazing how much we have in common and how easy it is for us to talk about ANYTHING. She has never been as open with me as she was this weekend and it meant a lot. After we ate, we left to go back to my house and we talked even more. I didn't want her to leave!!! And she didn't want to leave either, but she had to get back home to her toddler. But, she'll be back this weekend! Yay!!!

After she left, I took my Jaylen to Chipotle where we got a couple of burrito bowls to go. We ate very briefly together at the kitchen table before he was out of here with his girlfriend. I waited about 10 to 15 minutes then I took off back to the mall to pick up the four kids since they were apparently having so much fun they weren't planning to call me to get them! I absolutely loved that they spent most of the time all four of them together instead of the girls being separated from the boys. I surprised them with chocolate chip cookies and my son's friend exclaimed that he "loved me" in response:). Before taking the two friends home, I took them to 7-11 to get drinks.

On Sunday, my mom came over and we went to church. Church felt weird without my husband there to play the drums, but it was okay. Afterwards, we went to East Moon Asian Bistro of course! The food was as excellent as always! We then came home because Jaylen had to go to work at 4:00 p.m.

Later in the evening, my mom, Jada and I went to Food Lion to buy pork chops and rice to make for dinner. My mom made the rice and Jada made the pork chops and they were DE-LI-CIOUS! Her cooking skills amaze me!!!

We kinda chilled out the rest of the night in front of the TV and went to bed.

I had to work on Monday and I didn't expect to see my husband until I got home. But then he surprised me by coming to the office straight from the airport!! I was so incredibly excited to see him!!! We rode home together and ate leftovers from the night before and he told everyone about his historically significant trip!

This morning, after waking up at 5:00 a.m. and taking a shower, I found out that I didn't have to go to work. Sigh. What a waste! The kids didn't have school either...DOUBLE WASTE!! The weather was nowhere near deserving of a day off for them! I can't really speak on the conditions in DC and Arlington, which is where our federal government offices are located. Anyway, my husband and I had trouble going back to sleep so we decided to get up and go grocery shopping in "preparation for the still-allegedly-coming-storm-that-actually-never-happened-afterall-dagnabbit!

My mom is still here so we invited her to come with us. Jason treated us to IHOP before we shopped and the food was good but too much so we couldn't finish it. My mom's breakfast was the tiniest so she was able to almost-finish hers.

Wal-mart was almost dead when we got there and everything was well-stocked, so that was a blessing. I did hear that they were SLAMMED the night before, though, so I'm glad we didn't go last night like I originally wanted to do.

This entry was truly boring but I wanted to write it anywayz...

Until next time,

XOXOXO - Jessika


  1. You should have posted that picture on my phone ;-) That definitely would have made this entry a little more "fun"...LOL! I love you and I had a really great time with you. What were these porkchops about?

    Yum! Toodloo!

    1. I don't know...she just seasoned them really well and cooked them in a pan. SOOOOOO GOOOD!!! Wish I could eat some now! :) XOXOXO