Monday, July 8, 2013

Rimmel Lash Accelerator Serum - A Random Review

I bought this serum approximately two months ago because I haven't been happy with the fullness of my eyebrows. I didn't care much about whether or not this worked on my lashes because that's what mascara is for, right?

I was never one to use eyebrow pencils and whatnot, but in the past few months, I have indeed jumped on that train and started filling in my brows. Some days, I've nailed it, others, not so much. It just feels ridiculous to me that I'm coloring in my brows when I was the girl who used to rock a bushy near-unibrow that I HATED...now I don't have enough brows to confidently go out in public without penciling them in? It just felt unnatural!

However, it felt even more unnatural for me to go out looking all sparse-browed and whatnot...so again, I was penciling them in. When I first started using the serum, I couldn't quite tell that anything was growing in, but I did feel like my eyebrow hairs were "fatter" if that makes any sense. While it didn't look like more hairs were growing, they still appeared fuller - and they were a lot stronger, too. I used to have eyebrow hairs falling out nearly every time I makeup-wiped my face. When I started using the serum, however, I rarely saw any fallout.

About three weeks ago, I stupidly combed my eyebrows up and then cut them with scissors because hey, that's what you're supposed to do to keep your eyebrows looking nice and neat! BIG mistake. It appears that some of my longer hairs were covering up a bald spot on my left eyebrow and I felt sick with regret. I'd been using the serum off and on for a few weeks before this, but, having a very noticeable bald spot now, I'd made it a point to use the serum every single night before bed. This morning, I realized that the spot is almost completely covered back up! I was so satisfied with how my eyebrows looked that I left the house without putting ANYTHING on them! 

To be fair, I have been able to do this a few times before the brow-cutting mistake, but only if I've been CONSISTENT about applying the serum for at least a week before doing so. As for the effect it's had on my lashes, I can only say this: I don't think they're any longer or thicker, however, they are more manageable in that they respond extra fabulously to my good mascaras: Avon Super Shock (LONG TIME FAVORITE!!) and Revlon Lash Potion (works GREAT but is a little irritating to my eyes, so I've had to apply eye drops more often:().

The packaging says you can use it under your mascara and wear it on your brows during the day, too, but I tried that and I don't recommend it. It flakes up and sometimes looks like you've got dried up snot on your brows/lashes, so I'd only do that if you were going to be home all day, not to be looked at by anyone!

I don't usually do reviews, but I know that the eyebrow thing is a big deal these days and I thought it might be helpful for people to know that there is something out there that just might work. Depending on where you get it, it can run you between $8 to $10.



Until next time,

XOXOXO - Jessika

No comments:

Post a Comment