Thursday, December 13, 2012

Parenting is Tough


There's no doubt that parenting is harder when you actually pay attention to, love and care about the futures of your children. I've also found that the older I get, the more in love with and interested in my children I've become. I'm not so sure how good that is. My prayer is that I'll learn to pull away when I need to, when they become functioning adults, and allow them to make - and prayerfully learn from - their own mistakes.

Having said all that, I've had an emotional last few days. The weird thing is that the emotion that has followed the few incidents that occurred this week took me by surprise. After disciplining and talking to my kids about their behavior, I'd go to be alone and then all of sudden find myself crying about it...

The only thing that calms me down is remembering my faith in God. There's only so much I can do as a parent. I have to remember that God is there every second of every day with them. He'll see so much more than I'll ever see, and therefore, I trust that He'll fill in the voids that my parenting leaves behind.

(In Jesus' name, AMEN...)

Until next time,

XOXOXO - Jessika

No comments:

Post a Comment