Monday, January 21, 2013

What's Your Favorite Holiday? How Do You Like To Spend It?


The subject of this post is week four's question of the week, which was selected at random from my little pouch of 52 questions attached to the inside of my custom-made (THANKS AGAIN, ROXY!!!) journal.

This entry was short and sweet for me. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. I didn't write this in the journal, but it just occurred to me that another reason might be that it's one of the few holidays/occasions in the year that you're not obligated to get people presents. It's all about being together, sharing a meal and catching up with your family. I like the idea of getting together just because; that the only desire when planning this get-together is to see your family members' faces again. That really warms my heart.

Back to the entry: I simply wrote that I love to eat turkey and my mom's arroz con gandules (rice with pigeon peas), and Thanksgiving is one of the very few if not sometimes ONLY times of year in which those two items are available together. I love to spend it with my side of the family at my brother's house. My favorite place to have Thanksgiving get-togethers - any get-togethers, really - used to be at my mom's place when she had one. I wrote that I wish she'd get her own place again some day because I really enjoyed going over there just to hang out with her, and her alone, every once in a while. It was nice to have a place to go just to get out of the house!

I even got more specific in my entry as to the preferred WEATHER for Thanksgiving Day:). I like the sky to be overcast, but not rainy or humid; as well as chilly, but not bitterly cold. Truth be told, however, the weather is a small part of my Thanksgiving experience; I really just love to be around my family for whom I am extremely grateful and whose company I thoroughly enjoy.

Until next time,

XOXOXO - Jessika

No comments:

Post a Comment