Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thou Shalt Not Stress...


That was my mantra for the day. After coming back from a long weekend, my first day back at work (Tuesday) was an absolute nightmare, professionally and personally. I've noticed in the last week or so that my right eye started twitching again, after going quite a long while without issue (at least two months).

I needed a break. So, I took a personal day yesterday and was honest with my supervisor as to the reason: I was stressed out. She was very understanding about it.

My eye did begin to twitch a little bit today but it went away almost as quickly as it came. I was and continue to be determined to have a good day, in spite of whatever may come. God is in control, therefore, so am I.

My responsibilities here include more than daily physical duties. It's imperative that I also do them with a positive attitude, as unto God Himself. I've lost count of the number of times I've disappointed Him AND myself with my attitude, impatience toward less intelligent people, etc. It is my firm belief that I continue to run into these situations on SUCH a consistent basis because I have not yet mastered the response. God is training me to do better. It won't be until I have CONSISTENTLY responded in the way God would have me to respond that these situations will begin to diminish. I just KNOW IT!!

I've often asked God why I'm still here, why I have to put up with this place in a thankless job that often makes me feel pretty miserable. The truth is, currently, there is no better atmosphere for "training" than this place. I don't come in contact with as many people when I'm not here, there's not much adversity (thank GOD) to contend with in my personal life, therefore, I remain here.

I was a cashier at Giant for three years. By the time I left there, I was the best I could possibly be. I was ALWAYS friendly, always fast, memorized EVERYTHING there was to memorize as far as procedures, transactions, produce and other codes, etc. In other words, there was nothing more I could have done to be better than I already was. I was the best cashier I could be.

I worked in the mortgage department of a bank for two years. I excelled at my position in reviewing mortgage documents for compliance, could not have done it better than I was already doing it. The only way for me was up - my supervisor wanted me to pursue mortgage underwriting. I wasn't interested, so I moved on.

And now here I am...at the same job for 12 years!!! God has kept me here for a reason, and it's much more than to earn a paycheck so that I can take care of my family. His plans and thoughts are much bigger than my own, and I am overwhelmingly grateful that He has bothered to have them for and about ME at all.

I welcome the challenge, the growth, the CHANGE...

Until next time,

XOXOXO

Jessika

No comments:

Post a Comment