Friday, November 15, 2013

The Talk

When I came home yesterday, there was a fire truck pulling up close to my house. I of course immediately panic, thinking something's happened to my kids, but, thanks be to God, that was not the case. There was, however, a very huge fire in the woods behind our house, and, had our house not been surrounded by angels, it could have made its way over to us.

Thank you, Jesus!!!

My husband and I had a long talk with the kids last night about their behavior and school performance. During our talk, it hit me that I may make them think that they need to be perfect all of the time. I made sure to relieve that thinking and to assure that all I want from them is their individual best, not perfection. I think kids sometimes don't WANT to give their all, however, because they'd prefer to do other things. The same can definitely be said about adults, myself included. I'm sure there is so much more we could be doing but don't because of our distractions (self-selected and otherwise).

Raising kids is hard when you actually care about and love them. I used to think diapers and daycare costs were the worst of it; I WAS WRONG!!! I can say, however, that the trials we've encountered with them have proven what we've already known: God has truly set each one apart for great things. The fact that the enemy has attempted to thwart their spiritual paths so early in their lives is great confirmation of that fact. What a loser and a liar that devil is!!!

Prayer absolutely has to be a part of my life as a mother because there is so much that I don't know, that I can't fix, and that BOTHERS ME, but what else can I do? I absolutely must trust God to fill in the gaps that my husband and I cannot...and I'm ok with that.

Until next time,

XOXOXO - Jessika

No comments:

Post a Comment