Monday, August 27, 2012

Change

This past weekend started with a BIG change: I CHOPPED OFF MY HAIR!!!! Yes, I went from having hair down to the middle of my back to a lot of short layers, the longest layers being just under two inches past my collar bone.
 
For some people this may not sound like much of a big deal...for me, however, it's pretty major. My hair hasn't been this short since I was in seventh grade. I actually "planned" to cut my hair SEVERAL years ago for my 30th birthday, but I was too chicken to go through with it. Now here I stand, not only with a whole lot less hair, but also with a brand new hair color! Yes! I also dyed my hair to add an extra PUNCH to the fact that I chopped off my mop. The color is called "red pepper" I think. Though the color is way more obvious on my roots than on the rest of my hair, I like it. To be honest, it's not the first time I've colored my hair some type of reddish color, however, it is the first time I've had it professionally done.
 
Here are some not so great pictures of my new 'do. I will post more when I can get out in the sun, as the location/time of day and/or lighting were not ideal at the times I took, them:
 
Hair split in middle when I got home Friday night:
 
 
Hair split to the side on the very cloudy Saturday afternoon before brunch at Paladar with my girlfriends and hubby:
 
A better picture of the color on the same cloudy day:
 
I had mixed feelings about the haircut...it is a lot shorter than I thought I asked my lady to cut it. But you know what? I'm glad she did it. I just washed my hair tonight and the process was oh so easy and took so much less time! Also, my hair grows pretty fast and it's hot as heck these days; having less hair will be a benefit for the remainder of this very hot summer. Also, when I put my hair up in a high ponytail, OMG, it's like a big, fat and most adorable pom-pom on top of my head! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!
 
My husband used the following descriptive words for the cut: sassy, edgy, sophisticated, sexy, cute. Interesting mix of words, I'd say, but he likes it and I'm GLAD. I love how supportive he is of pretty much anything I decide to do. I jokingly texted him before I came home saying, "I'm bald!" and his response was, "Bring your sexy bald @$$ home to me." Yes, he wrote it exactly as I just wrote it:).
 
I must send a super huge SHOUT OUT to Antwanyce or RichAnt on FB, who works at C&K Hair Design in Bowie, MD. The place is so luxurious, FAR FROM GHETTO, and the ladies there are true professionals. I will most definitely be back!!!
 
My birthday is on Wednesday, August 29th, and in pre-celebration of that, my two girlfriends from work came to MD to join me and my hubby for brunch at Paladar Latin Kitchen and Rum Bar in Annapolis, MD this past Saturday. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that place. I'd eat there every week if I could the food's so darn good. Here are some pics of what we ate. Don't ask me to tell you what they were, just know it was all amazing:
 
Spicy guac and chips:




My food:


Hubby's food:


Khaliah's food:
Jennifer's food:
Jas and I also had some calamari, but honestly, of the three times we've been there, the calamari was the first and only disappointment. Not something we'd ever order again.
 
After brunch we went to Annapolis Mall where I actually purchased for the very first time some fragrances from Victoria's Secret. Yummy. We also people watched and laughed and laughed and laughed...
 
OMG my hubby just brought me some freakin' strawberry lemonade cupcakes that our daughter and he just baked together...mmmm...dreamy....
 
PLEASE REMEMBER TO LIKE MY DAUGHTER'S PAGE ON FACEBOOK: EPIC CAKES101:
 
They look like they're sitting in a bakery window, don't they?! They are BEAUTIFUL, tangy and sweet - just like my daughter! LOL!
 
 
Until next time,
 
XOXOXO
 
Mrsmorphosis

No comments:

Post a Comment