Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Greedy Verizon

So, I'm with Verizon, right? I've been with them for like five years now and I have upgraded my phone at least once a year, most times twice a year, as I have five lines I like to play around with when it comes to upgrading...not to mention I get bored with my cell phones pretty quickly.

ANYWAYZ, I felt the itch again today to upgrade and actually really liked a phone that would have been free with my instant discounts and whatnot. HOWEVER, I add the phone to my cart and I find out that my unlimited data plan, for which I currently pay $29.99/month is no longer available, so if I want to upgrade, I have to pay a ridiculous amount more to get a larger data plan that STILL isn't unlimited, or pay the same amount for a bull-crap minimalist data plan.

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL!!!!

They are also charging a $30 upgrade fee. So let me get this straight: I have to pay those people for the "privilege" of extending my contract another two years so that I can get a discounted phone - and of course the cancellation fee should I choose to end said contract is still upwards of $300! For ALL of this, I also get the extra special treatment of losing the most inexpensive and useful data plan they have ever offered. That sounds fair, right? I had to call them because I simply couldn't believe what I was seeing; as it turns out, these changes were implemented within the last 30 days or so. Yippee.

Needless to say, I did not move forward with my upgrade. Sigh. I guess my Droid Incredible 2 and I will have to stay together a while longer.

Until Next Time,

(SCREW YOU, VERIZON!)

XOXOXO

Mrsmorphosis

No comments:

Post a Comment