Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Being Extra Grateful...Day 14: Forgiveness


 Dear God, THANK YOU for the gift of FORGIVENESS.

There are no words to describe how good it feels to live a life in which there is absolutely, positively NO unforgiveness. Everyone who is or used to be in my life has been forgiven/freed from any and everything they've ever done to me, I don't allow past issues to affect my day to day life or decisions, and there is an inner peace that cannot be disrupted by any mention of my past, or anything resembling it.

There is peace in knowing that yes, things have happened to me, but today, I couldn't be more over it than if it'd never happened in the first place. And to top it off, I've forgiven MYSELF, too.

But, it's not living like this that allows me to feel this good; the root of this inner peace and joy is in knowing that in doing so, I've left the door wide open to also be forgiven by GOD. After all, we must forgive in order to BE forgiven.

We can deny it and fool ourselves into thinking that this biblical fact is untrue, can fabricate our happiness by sweeping things under the rug and avoiding confrontation, but when it comes down to it, we'll find that where inner turmoil is, unforgiveness is found also. Whether left simmering under the surface, or boiling over when under pressure, unforgiveness is a thief of true inner peace...

Until next time,

XOXOXO - Jessika





No comments:

Post a Comment