Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Being Extra Grateful...Day 7: Mercies (Plus Presidential Thoughts)



Today, I thank You, God, for Your mercies toward me, toward US, as a people. Without it, we'd all be dead or worse.

When I woke up this morning to find out that Obama was re-elected, I exaggerate NOT when I tell you the first thought that popped into my head was, "Well, the divorce rate is about to far-exceed 50 percent now that gay people are going to be allowed to marry, too." I had the thought without an ounce of anger, resentment, sadness - I quite literally felt nothing at all.

You see, I actually believe - have always believed - that my life won't be affected by the man sitting in office. He may pass all the laws I don't agree with and flush this country down the toilet, be he a Democrat or Republican, be he black or white - none of it matters to me. I HATE politics and have very little to NO interest in it. I stated a short opinion about who I wanted to win (which by the way, was based on personal moral stands/beliefs) and that was that.

But then I started surfing around Facebook and what I saw bugged me to no end. I lost count of the number of times I found myself saying, "Are you KIDDING me?" Forgive me if I sound harsh, but, here is what I posted as my Facebook status in response to the numerous posts I read:

"I wanted Romney to win, but I'm in no way angry, stressed or worried about the fact that he didn't. I know from Whom my help cometh. I do think it's strange how same-sex marriage-supporter-Obama-voters are spewing so much scripture today about Jesus this and Jesus that; scriptures and spiritual comments are being dropped left and right by people who barely know God at all let alone read His word or go to His house. I'd like to see how readily these same folk will find and post their scriptures when something they DON'T want to happen, happens. Adversity has a tendency to bring out the truth about what we really have hidden in our hearts. God bless you and you and you and you and America indeed."

I will admit that the above is my third revision. My first one was indeed much harsher and even came off as judgemental, which is something I don't wish to be. I am a flawed person just like the rest of us, but I do try my best to correct myself when I can.

If you're a person who barely if ever posts a scripture on your status, why now? I really don't care who you vote for or what you believe in - but don't conveniently insert God into the picture after you've basically done and said and thought and believed things that were completely outside of the will or involvement of God. 

Reading those statuses was reminiscent to watching an awards show where the hedonistic "artist" who earns his living glorifying lust, greed, and filth of every sort thanks GOD for "giving him everything he has." Seriously? To me, and I may be going too far with this statement, it's borderline if not flat-out blasphemous! 

Having said all of that, I recognize that this world, of which I'm only a visitor, needs to get a lot worse before the time comes for it to be destroyed by fire. Therefore, I trust that God will continue to allow exactly what He must in order for nature to take its course. My focus from this point forward will be on getting ready. Nothing else matters...

Until next time,

XOXOXO

Jessika


No comments:

Post a Comment