Friday, November 23, 2012

Being Extra Grateful...Day 23: Marriage

Thank you, GOD, for blessing me with a covenant marriage with a non-crazy husband!

I've been watching Bravo TV all day and the personalities in the men I saw on there have been scary. In a world full of psychos, it's a wonder how I managed to find - to be FOUND BY - someone who isn't a tool, a control freak, a psycho, a narcissist, a womanizer, an abuser...

I never would have been able to receive this kind of blessing without God in my life. My background, my experience and my upbringing were in no way conducive to choosing a good man...as was clearly evidenced by my previous choices. I thank God for giving me the discernment I needed to spot what was and wasn't good enough for me, and the inner peace and contentment I needed to choose being alone over wasting my time with less than worthy men.

My heart and mind were focused on God alone until He gave me the permission to share them with a man that He Himself chose for me. He knew that I needed to save and rejuvenate my heart until it was ready to be taken by my HUSBAND. I knew that casually dating, spending my time and effort on anything less would only steal pieces of me that should be set aside and made perfect for the one who would love me enough to find me worthy of marriage. I wish that more women would think enough of themselves to do the same


Until Next Time,

XOXOXO - Jessika

No comments:

Post a Comment