Thursday, November 29, 2012

Being Extra Grateful...Day 29: Growth



Thank you, God, for GROWTH!!!

I don't mean in size, that's for sure (though if God were doling out a few extra inches in height in the near future, I wouldn't mind taking a few:)). I mean in maturity, in spirituality, in faith, love, personality, etc.

I don't often feel my age. I quite literally still feel like I'm in my 20's MOST days. There is much about me that still needs to grow, yes, but in the last two years, I feel like I've done the most maturing than in any of the years before it. I used to be very much into gaming online and until recently, I was very into watching beauty videos all day every day. Not to say that those things are signs of immaturity, but, they didn't add any DEPTH to my life. There's nothing those activities can offer me that will make me a better person on the INSIDE, which is where I need to do the most work. If I'm going to remain interesting to my husband, loved by my children, useful in my community, but more importantly, in the Kingdom of God, those things need to be put behind me.

I don't remember the last time I played an online game...it's been SEVERAL months. As for beauty videos, in the last month at least, I have not been able to finish ONE youtube video by a beauty guru. Not ONE. I keep going back to them from time to time because I'd been obsessed with them for over a year, but my spirit can barely tolerate a full two minutes of one anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I still like makeup - a lot; particularly lip stuff and nail polish - OMG did you hear about CVS starting a "Nail HQ" section in their stores?! I can't WAIT TO VISIT ONE!! LOL! But, not as much as I used to be, and lately I've been leaning more toward skincare products for my aging skin! However, I strive to be more than all of that, and with God on my side and as my Guide, I know that continued success is in my future.

I am blessed!

Until next time,

XOXOXO - Jessika

No comments:

Post a Comment